Intellectual Property Law
J.O.S Solicitors provides our corporate clients with a vast range of advisory and litigation* services in Intellectual Property Law and protection of those rights.
Intellectual Property (IP) is the area of law which has developed over time to protect the fruits of one’s creative labour, in essence, the creations of the mind. Therefore IP is in itself an intangible property that can be traded, sold, assigned, licensed or even bequeathed. It can therefore be a very valuable commodity to a business, in the same manner as any tangible property or asset, be it real or personal.
Therefore it is crucial that business owners, either well established or start-ups, recognise what IP rights they own and how to protect them against infringement or exploitation by others.
It is also as equally important to ensure that such IP rights and protections are afforded in commercial contracts and business arrangements.
Our Intellectual Property Law services for Business include:
- Trade Marks
- Passing off
- IP Infringement and Litigation*
- Confidential Information and Trade Secrets
- Confidentiality agreements
- Data Protection
- Licensing agreements
- Database protection and rights
* “In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.”