Jason O’ Sullivan
The principal and founder of the firm is Jason O’Sullivan, B.A., LL.B., Cert. Compliance.
Jason is currently a finalist in the AIB Irish Law Awards 2017 for “Connacht/Ulster Provincial Solicitor of the Year 2017“.
After qualifying as a solicitor in Ireland in 2007, Jason practised for a number of years as an Associate Solicitor, specialising in Employment Law, Company Law, Commercial and Civil Litigation.
Combining his skill and passion for law and politics, he then paved out a successful career in Public Affairs, before opening up his own law practice J.O.S Solicitors. During his time in Public Affairs, he worked both in the corporate and the not-for-profit sector, gaining unique experience and knowledge of these diverse environments from the legal, regulatory and policy perspectives. He also gained exceptional experience and insight into the strategic areas of Employee Engagement and Crisis Management, which complimented his legal knowledge and acumen.
Jason is also a qualified Solicitor in England and Wales, since 2010 and is an accredited Mediator of the Mediators Institute of Ireland (MII).
Throughout his career, Jason identified the need to offer clients a more customised service offering and specialised legal focus, delivered in a more personable and pragmatic fashion. It was these motivating factors, which led to the establishment of this specialist law firm and it is on these values, that the firm achieve its results.
- Holds a primary Bachelor Degree in Law, Sociology and Politics from the National University of Ireland, Galway (N.U.I.G)
- Holds a postgraduate Degree in Law (L.L.B), from NUIG
- Studied law at the prestigious University of Southern Maine Law School, USA and at the Katholieke University, Leuven, Belgium
- Accredited Mediator in Dispute Resolution, from the MII.
- Holds a Professional Certificate in Compliance from the Institute of Banking and University College Dublin (UCD)
- Diploma in Marketing Communications.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Mediators Institute of Ireland (MII)
- Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland (ACOI)
- Legal Counsel with Junior Chamber of Commerce International Galway.
Jason also regularly contributes to media interviews and debates on various legal and policy topics. He has had numerous articles and opinion pieces published in the national and regional press, and in particular with The Irish Independent and The Journal.ie. He has also been made appearances on national TV and in particular RTE’s News One , Six One News and RTE’s Campaign Daily, including guest appearances on various national and regional radio shows, such as RTE’s Morning Ireland and Newstalk.
Our Associate Solicitor and Public Affairs Consultant is John Mitchell LL.B.
John qualified as a solicitor in 2007. John trained and worked as a Solicitor in general practice for a number of years, having extensive experience in Employment Law, Commercial and Civil Litigation. Until 2012, John was in-house counsel for the Irish subsidiary of a major UK Bank, further specialising in the areas of retail banking, consumer finance law and regulatory compliance.
Public and Government Affairs
Later in 2012, John was engaged as an advisor within the EPP group at the European Parliament in Brussels. During this difficult period, John actively followed and contributed to the work of the development, trade, justice and economic and monetary affairs parliamentary committees. In 2013, John was engaged as the head legal and regulatory advisor for Leaseurope, a European trade federation, to provide interest representation directly to European policy stakeholders. During this time, he achieved many successes (considering regulation of the mediation of insurance, anti-money laundering and the new data protection regulation) channelling trade concerns to critical technical staff in the European institutions, having a critical impact on European policy for his client members. Johns work in public and government affairs gave him regular access to all major policy setting institutions and all levels of management at the European level.
- Holds a postgraduate Degree in Law (L.L.B), from the University of Wales (Cardiff) and member of the incorporated law society of Ireland.
- Diploma in Applied Finance Law
- Diploma in AVEA.