Jason O’ Sullivan
The principal and founder of J.O.S Solicitors is Jason O’Sullivan, B.A., LL.B., Cert. Compliance.
Jason is also Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Atlantic Public Affairs, a strategic partner of J.O.S Solicitors.
Award Winning Solicitor:
Jason was awarded “Connacht/Ulster Sole Practitioner/Sole Principal of the Year” at the Clinch Wealth Management Irish Law Awards 2018.
Both Jason and J.O.S Solicitors were impressively shortlisted as finalists in five categories at these awards as below:
- Munster & Connacht/Ulster Employment Law Firm/Lawyer of the Year
- Connacht/Ulster Sole Practitioner/Sole Principal of the Year Award
- Connacht/Ulster Solicitor of the Year
- Excellence in Marketing & Communications
- Law Firm Innovation Award.
Jason was also a finalist in the AIB Irish Law Awards 2017 for “Connacht/Ulster Provincial Solicitor of the Year 2017”
After qualifying as a solicitor in Ireland in 2007, Jason practised for a number of years as an Associate Solicitor, specialising in Employment Law, Company Law, Commercial and Civil Litigation.
Combining his skill and passion for law and politics, he then paved out a successful career in Public Affairs, before opening up his own law practice J.O.S Solicitors. During his time in Public Affairs, he worked both in the corporate and the not-for-profit sector, gaining unique experience and knowledge of these diverse environments from the legal, regulatory and policy perspectives. He also gained exceptional experience and insight into the strategic areas of Employee Engagement and Crisis Management, which complimented his legal knowledge and acumen.
Jason is also a qualified Solicitor in England and Wales, since 2010 and is an accredited Mediator of the Mediators Institute of Ireland (MII).
Throughout his career, Jason identified the need to offer clients a more customised service offering and specialised legal focus, delivered in a more personable and pragmatic fashion. It was these motivating factors, which led to the establishment of this specialist law firm and it is on these values, that the firm achieve its results.
- Holds a primary Bachelor Degree in Law, Sociology and Politics from the National University of Ireland, Galway (N.U.I.G)
- Holds a postgraduate Degree in Law (L.L.B), from NUIG
- Studied law at the prestigious University of Southern Maine Law School, USA and at the Katholieke University, Leuven, Belgium
- Accredited Mediator in Dispute Resolution, from the MII.
- Holds a Professional Certificate in Compliance from the Institute of Banking and University College Dublin (UCD)
- Diploma in Marketing Communications.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Mediators Institute of Ireland (MII)
- Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland (ACOI)
- Legal Counsel with Junior Chamber of Commerce International Galway.
Jason also regularly contributes to media interviews and debates on various legal and policy topics. He has had numerous articles and opinion pieces published in the national and regional press, and in particular with The Irish Independent and The Journal.ie. He has also been made appearances on national TV and in particular RTE’s News One , Six One News and RTE’s Campaign Daily, including guest appearances on various national and regional radio shows, such as RTE’s Morning Ireland and Newstalk.
Karissa Douglass Higgins
Karissa is a strategic communications specialist with J.O.S Solicitors, in our Consultancy for Business Services department. She has twenty years’ experience in stakeholder engagement, change communication and reputation management. Karissa moved to Galway from Australia in 2012 and now consults to organisations in the not-for-profit, private and public sectors.
She has worked internationally with leading private and public sector organisations and has a proven track record for lateral thinking, problem solving and astute strategic advice.
Karissa has a particular interest in employee engagement and change communication having led the engagement portfolio for one of Australia’s largest science bodies, a $400 million research organisation with widespread international impact, during a period of significant organisational change.
With direct crisis management experience in community and environmental impacts and natural disaster readiness, Karissa is well positioned to advise clients on crisis preparedness, messaging and strategies that mitigate reputational damage.
- Holds a primary bachelor degree in Public Relations and International Relations
- Holds postgraduate degrees in Management and Professional Communication.
She is a former President of the Public Relations Institute of Australia (Q) and brings communication and management counsel to her membership of a number of not-for-profit boards.