Jason O’ Sullivan
The principal and founder of J.O.S Solicitors is Jason O’Sullivan, B.A., LL.B., Cert. Compliance.
Award Winning Solicitor:
Jason was awarded “Connacht/Ulster Sole Practitioner/Sole Principal of the Year” at the Clinch Wealth Management Irish Law Awards 2018.
Both Jason and J.O.S Solicitors were impressively shortlisted as finalists in five categories at these awards as below:
- Munster & Connacht/Ulster Employment Law Firm/Lawyer of the Year
- Connacht/Ulster Sole Practitioner/Sole Principal of the Year Award
- Connacht/Ulster Solicitor of the Year
- Excellence in Marketing & Communications
- Law Firm Innovation Award.
Jason was also a finalist in the AIB Irish Law Awards 2017 for “Connacht/Ulster Provincial Solicitor of the Year 2017”
After qualifying as a solicitor in Ireland in 2007, Jason practised for a number of years as an Associate Solicitor, specialising in Employment Law, Company Law, Commercial and Civil Litigation.
Combining his skill and passion for law and politics, he then paved out a successful career in Public Affairs, before opening up his own law practice J.O.S Solicitors. During his time in Public Affairs, he worked both in the corporate and the not-for-profit sector, gaining unique experience and knowledge of these diverse environments from the legal, regulatory and policy perspectives. He also gained exceptional experience and insight into the strategic areas of Employee Engagement and Crisis Management, which complimented his legal knowledge and acumen.
Jason is also a qualified Solicitor in England and Wales, since 2010 and is an accredited Mediator of the Mediators Institute of Ireland (MII).
Throughout his career, Jason identified the need to offer clients a more customised service offering and specialised legal focus, delivered in a more personable and pragmatic fashion. It was these motivating factors, which led to the establishment of this specialist law firm and it is on these values, that the firm achieve its results.
- Holds a primary Bachelor Degree in Law, Sociology and Politics from the National University of Ireland, Galway (N.U.I.G)
- Holds a postgraduate Degree in Law (L.L.B), from NUIG
- Studied law at the prestigious University of Southern Maine Law School, USA and at the Katholieke University, Leuven, Belgium
- Accredited Mediator in Dispute Resolution, from the MII.
- Holds a Professional Certificate in Compliance from the Institute of Banking and University College Dublin (UCD)
- Holds a Certificate in Arts, Entertainment and Media Law from the Law Society of Ireland.
- Diploma in Marketing Communications.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Mediators Institute of Ireland (MII)
- Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland (ACOI)
- Legal Counsel with Junior Chamber of Commerce International Galway.
Jason also regularly contributes to media interviews and debates on various legal and policy topics. He has had numerous articles and opinion pieces published in the national and regional press, and in particular with The Irish Independent and The Journal.ie. He has also been made appearances on national TV and in particular RTE’s News One , Six One News and RTE’s Campaign Daily, including guest appearances on various national and regional radio shows, such as RTE’s Morning Ireland and Newstalk.
Mark joined J.O.S Solicitors in 2018 in the Galway office as a legal executive.
After studying law in the UK, graduating with distinction from the University of Law, Guildford, Mark decided to combine his legal aptitude with his love and interest in culture and thirst for discovering the world. He spent a decade living in Shanghai China where he worked at the forefront of the burgeoning live music festival production industry. He coordinated artist bookings in China (Shanghai and Beijing) with other APAC promoters mostly in Japan, Korea, Taiwan. The legal acumen he learnt at university enabled him to successfully handle the contracts and negotiations with artists’ agents and sponsors such as American Airlines. He successfully debuted a number of Grammy winning artists and jazz masters in China.
In 2015 Mark moved to Galway to focus on his family and is continuing his legal training to gain qualified solicitor status in Ireland.
Understanding the needs and requirements of clients has always been a driver for Mark. Being able to get to the bottom of what the client really needs and then focus in on that has brought him success over and again: from being awarded the Dean’s Prize and Henry De Lotbiniere Award at the University of Liverpool for his contribution to the life of the law school, to turning Jz Festival from a 2000 pax event in 2008 to a 50,000 pax event in 2013.
- Undergraduate degree in law from the University of Liverpool, UK 2003
- Post Graduate Diploma in law from the University of Law, Guildford, UK 2005
- HanYu ShuiPing Kao Shi (Chinese Mandarin Level Test) Level 4, 2012
- Student Member of Law Society of Ireland
- Member of the Ireland China Business Association