Public Affairs & Lobbying
Who are we?
J.O.S Solicitors offers independent and premium Public Affairs and Lobbying services at local, national and European level.
We offer tailored and innovative Public Affairs solutions for companies and small businesses, trade and professional bodies, community groups and charities that require professional advice and representation in order to intervene and engage with local and national public representatives and bodies through our Galway and Dublin Offices. We also offer an affiliated presence in Brussels, through our Brussels based partners Time & Place Consulting,whereby we can advise clients on their engagement with the EU institutions, the supervisory community and other stakeholders.
What are Public Affairs?
Public Affairs is an integral element of how modern democracy functions. The primary function of the Oireachtas (Parliament) and the Government is to act as legislators, meaning to create and enact legislation and policy in the hope it serves the common good and society. It is inevitable however, that certain pieces of legislation, policy or regulation either in whole or in part, will negatively affect a portion of stakeholders, namely individuals, companies, industries or entire sectors.
It is our role as Public Affairs and Government Relations advisor’s to represent our clients who face legislative, policy, planning or regulatory challenges, by using our expertise to devise and implement effective strategies that will enable meaningful engagement with Government at both national and local level and key decision-makers, including connected stakeholders in seeking positive solutions.
The role involves demystifying the political and legislative process, by enabling better engagement with key decision-makers and keeping our clients, up-to-date with the latest developments on specific areas of legislation and policy which may be of interest or concern.
Given the recent introduction of The Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015, it has become increasing important to have a professional representative to engage in such Public Affairs and Lobbying activities on an organisations behalf, and avoid the imposition of severe penalties for contravention of the Act.
What we do for you:
- Strategic Counsel and Policy Development- Identifying the policy issues relevant to business objectives and devising comprehensive public affairs and advocacy strategies to achieve favourable solutions.
- Government and Stakeholder Relations- Organising and managing meaningful engagement and lobbying activities with key-decision makers, political representatives and interested stakeholders.
- Policy Drafting and Reporting: Preparing detailed policy, research and submission papers relating to client positions and interests.
- Planning Consultancy: Providing strategic advice and early engagement services for clients seeking planning approval through the planning process.
- EU Funding Consultancy: Advisory and drafting services available regarding EU funding initiatives.
- Crisis Management: Providing fast and effective solutions in times of crisis and to mitigate against reputational risk.
- Media Relations: Preparing and controlling the distribution of news content to ensure effective media engagement at national and regional level.
- Political Monitoring and Data Analysis: Providing up-to-date information and analysis for considered decision-making.
- Legislative Tracking: Examining legislation at both domestic and European level, while keeping track of proposed policy initiates and their formal processes as to assist our clients in keeping ahead of legislative change for their benefits.
*Our Public Affairs and Lobbying services are non-legal and should therefore not be construed as or relied upon as legal advice.