J.O.S Solicitors has a dedicated Medical Negligence Department that provides bespoke legal advices and services for individuals who have been adversely affected by the negligent treatment of healthcare professionals.
Medical Negligence * (also known as Clinical Negligence*), is a highly complex area of law that relates to the harm sustained by individuals, following medical treatment by doctors, specialists medicals consultants and other medical professionals such as dentists, physiotherapists, pharmacists or nurses. The failure of the healthcare professional in their duty of care towards their patient, can result in that patient sustaining a loss, injury or deterioration of an existing condition. In extreme cases, such failure can result in death.
Medical Negligence claims* can be difficult to prove and therefore requires those affected, to seek expert legal advice and guidance in determining whether the action or inaction (omission) by the medical practitioner was unreasonable and whether compensation is due.
Examples of Medical Negligence can include either:
- Delay or failure to diagnose or treat a serious illness
- Misdiagnosis of a serious illness
- Failure to warn patients about the risks of particular treatments
- Failure to refer patients for necessary treatments or reviews by specialist consultants
- Injury or death caused by negligence or carelessness during medical procedures and surgery
- Physical or psychological injuries to mother and/or baby during pregnancy and childbirth care.
If you or a member of your family have sustained injury or loss, as a result of negligent medical treatment or healthcare as outlined above, then please contact us us in confidence to discuss the matter and to provide the necessary legal assistance, if required.
*“In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.”